Volunteer Dance and Movement Curriculum Writer
Empowerment Through Integration (ETI) is a 501(c)3 certified non-profit that is changing the narrative surrounding disability both for blind and sighted youth. We create integrated, supportive spaces with life skills training, emotional support, and community service opportunities. Through these integrated spaces, they are able to break down internal and external barriers surrounding views on ability in order to create positive change in society. Our ultimate goal is to enable society to understand that inclusion of all is a value for all.
ETI is currently seeking a volunteer curriculum writer to assist our Curriculum Team in the development of our Dance Curriculum unit for our summer camp (Camp Rafiqi). The Curriculum Team currently consists of passionate, hard-working volunteers who are eager to design and implement successful international ETI camps and workshops. The Identity Curriculum Team volunteer will report to the Curriculum Manager.
- Design activities and lesson plans for our summer camp in Lebanon (Camp Rafiqi) that aim to use dance and movement to break down barriers and stigma about disability
- Differentiate and adapt lessons to different learning needs
- Collaborate with the International Programs Team on curriculum implementation
- Participate in bi-weekly ETI team calls
- Participate on Curriculum Team calls and assist with the completion of unit tasks and responsibilities
- Commit to given deadlines and ask for help when needed
The Volunteer Dance and Movement Curriculum Writer will need to be comfortable working as part of a team and will be able to contribute approximately 5 hours per week to this position. A background in Dance Movement Therapy is strongly preferred and an interest in curriculum writing, disability rights and team building practices is strongly encouraged.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to Lauren Johnson, Operations Director, at email@example.com.