Volunteer Event Coordinator
Empowerment Through Integration (ETI) is a 501(c)3 certified non-profit that is changing the narrative surrounding disability both for blind and sighted youth. We create integrated, supportive spaces with life skills training, emotional support, and community service opportunities. Through these integrated spaces, they are able to break down internal and external barriers surrounding views on ability in order to create positive change in society. Our ultimate goal is to enable society to understand that inclusion of all is a value for all.
ETI is currently seeking a volunteer Event Coordinator to assist in the planning of our 2017 ETI Gala and other ETI Events. The Event Coordinator will oversee and coordinate the ETI Gala Planning Committee, manage coordination of sponsor outreach and coordinate event details. This individual will need to be organized, goal-oriented, and able to balance different projects within the unit.
- Take the lead in managing all aspects of planning for the 2017 Annual ETI Gala
- Lead bi-weekly committee calls for planning of ETI Gala
- Work with Development Coordinator to publicize and manage ticket sales for gala
- Assist in sponsor outreach
- Delegate tasks to team members associated with marketing and coordination of events
- Check personal ETI email account on a daily basis and respond to emails in a timely manner
- Other tasks as needed
TThe ETI Events Coordinator will need to be comfortable working as part of a team, managing multiple team members and multiple small projects at once. Ideally, this individual will be able to contribute 5hrs per week to this position.
Experience in program management, events planning, and sponsor outreach are strongly preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com