Integrations curriculum writer
The ETI Integrations Program focus on the need to raise awareness and encourage various sectors (education, private, government, and the general public) to exemplify integration and inclusion in practice, and to include more persons with disabilities so as to break down social stigmas. Integration Programs are blindfolded, facilitated experiences that allow participants to shed preconceived notions of themselves and others when interacting for the first time, thus allowing them to be blind to certain labels. As a result, authentic dialogue and conversations about racism, prejudice, sexism, ageism and ableism are facilitated, prompting participants to rethink their assumptions about one another – as well as their abilities, and the potential of others.
- Become extremely familiar with the mission of ETI’s Integration Programs
- Develop an understanding of the program client base, different program focuses, and event formats
- Meet regularly with Program Director and CEO to develop curriculum for different program offerings
- Compile notes and artifacts from research conducted alongside CEO and Program Director
- Under supervision of Program Director, write scripts for the curricula suited to the different program offerings of ETI’s Integration Programs
- Passion for social justice and disabilities rights issues
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Interest in rhetoric and philosophy
- Comfortable working as part of a team
- Ability to contribute 10-20 hours/week to this role
- Remote work is acceptable, but ability to be involved in occasional Integration Program events in person or via video call is a plus
Ideally, this candidate will currently be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate level program focusing on writing, communications, education, rhetoric, philosophy or similar field. The candidate will be available starting June of 2018 through August of 2018.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.