Life Skill Volunteer
Empowerment Through Integration (ETI) is a 501(c)3 certified non-profit that is changing the narrative surrounding disability both for blind and sighted youth. We create integrated, supportive spaces with life skills training, emotional support, and community service opportunities. Through these integrated spaces, they are able to break down internal and external barriers surrounding views on ability in order to create positive change in society. Our ultimate goal is to enable society to understand that inclusion of all is a value for all.
ETI is currently seeking for two volunteers to act as our Life Skills Program Coordinators who will be responsible for the design, organization and implementation of our Life Skills Program in the summer 2017 in Lebanon. Life Skills Program Coordinators will be required to travel to Lebanon to train our team of eager, hard-working ETI volunteers on the ground as well as implement our Life Skills program in two different locations (Beirut and Tripoli). These individuals will need to be organized, goal-oriented, and able to balance different projects within the unit.
- Contribute to Empowerment Programs' design, structure and logistics: Parents Workshop/Seminars, Volunteer Training, and Life Skills Programs
- Training of Life Skills Coordinators in Lebanon (on-site) for the implementation of Life Skills Program andParent Workshop
- Collaborate with Life Skills Program’s team members with localizing and tailoring the curriculum according to each socio-cultural context
- Contribute to the development of Life Skills Program’s and Parent Workshop’s materials
- Analyze feedback associated with the implementation of Life Skills Program and Parent Workshop in Lebanon and update curriculum materials for the following year
- Assist Research & Evaluation team for the evaluation of Life Skills Programs as needed
- Participate on ETI's team meetings (phone calls, Skype, etc) on a biweekly basis
- Participate on Life Skills Program team meetings (phone calls, Skype, etc) and online trainings on a weekly basis
- Check ETI's personal email account on a daily basis and respond to emails in a timely manner
- Report to Life Skills Program Manager on a weekly basis via 1h call meetings
The Life Skills Program Coordinator will need to be comfortable working as part of a team, be available for travel to Lebanon in order to support our summer programs during 3 weeks in the summer of 2017 (July and August) and participate in various projects related to training and advocacy about social issues related to blindness in different contexts. Ideally, this individual will be able to contribute 4-6hs per week to this position.
Undergraduate or graduate degrees in O&M, rehab teaching and/or related fields, experience in program development (including O&M) for blind youth, and minimum of 3 years of experience are strongly preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to Lauren Johnson, Operations Director, at email@example.com.