Volunteer Music Curriculum Writer
Empowerment Through Integration (ETI) is a 501(c)3 certified non-profit that is changing the narrative surrounding disability both for blind and sighted youth. We create integrated, supportive spaces with life skills training, emotional support, and community service opportunities. Through these integrated spaces, they are able to break down internal and external barriers surrounding views on ability in order to create positive change in society. Our ultimate goal is to enable society to understand that inclusion of all is a value for all.
ETI is currently recruiting a passionate and motivated volunteer Music Curriculum Writer to help our Curriculum Team in the development a Music Curriculum for our summer camp (Camp Rafiqi). The Curriculum Team currently consists of passionate, hard-working volunteers who are eager to design and implement successful international ETI camps and workshops. The music curriculum writer will report to the Curriculum Coordinator.
- Design music program and camp curriculum for the International Programs Team (Camp Rafiqi, Social Project Program, Parent Seminars, and Volunteer Training as needed)
- Differentiate and adapt lessons to different learning needs
- Collaborate with the International Programs Team on curriculum implementation
- Participate in bi-weekly ETI team calls
- Participate on Curriculum Team calls and assist with the completion of unit tasks and responsibilities
- Commit to given deadlines and ask for help when needed
The Volunteer Music Curriculum Writer will need to be comfortable working individually and as a part of a team. Ideally this individual will be able to contribute approximately 5 hours per week to this position. Experience in music therapy, curriculum development, and disability rights is strongly preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to Lauren Johnson, Operations Director, at email@example.com.