Volunteer Public Relations Coordinator
Empowerment Through Integration (ETI) is a 501(c)3 certified non-profit that is changing the narrative surrounding disability both for blind and sighted youth. We create integrated, supportive spaces with life skills training, emotional support, and community service opportunities. Through these integrated spaces, they are able to break down internal and external barriers surrounding views on ability in order to create positive change in society. Our ultimate goal is to enable society to understand that inclusion of all is a value for all.
ETI is currently seeking a volunteer Public Relations Coordinator to contribute to and manage ETI’s Public Relations efforts. The PR Coordinator will report to the Director of External Relations.
- Write and edit blog posts
- Write newsletter articles
- Write and edit website copy and make updates to the website as needed
- Pitch articles to various news outlets
- Research conferences and events for ETI members to attend
- Collaborate with ETI’s multimedia coordinator on multimedia strategy
- Research content for, write, and schedule social media posts
- Assist with outreach to external stakeholders
- Work closely with marketing advisors to ETI
- Assist with planning and marketing for ETI’s annual fundraising gala, Dining in the Dark
- Other PR/communications tasks as required
- Passion for social justice and disabilities rights issues
- Background or degree in public relations, marketing, communications, journalism, English or other related field
- Familiarity and experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Familiarity and experience with publishing tools such as Squarespace and MailChimp
- Basic knowledge of design software such as InDesign and Photoshop
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Comfortable working as part of a team
- Ideally, this individual will be able to contribute approximately 4hrs per week to this position.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to Lauren Johnson, Operations Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.