Today is our Founder and CEO Sara Minkara’s 30th birthday. We wanted to share 30 interesting facts about her. Join us in wishing her a happy birthday!
A woman smiles directly at the camera. She is wearing a black dress suit and tan hijab. Behind her to the right sits a large green plant that is not in focus.
A man and a woman walk on a rocky path. The woman holds a white can and is smiling.
1. I love to eat chicken
2. I love the breeze when I put my head outside the window when I'm in the car, especially in the mountains in Lebanon!
3. My favorite color is green, and I used to eat anything green as a kid
A close up image shows a woman smiling at the camera, wearing a silver helmet and with straps and clips covering her chest. Behind her we see the hand of a guide controlling levers. The background is a beautiful valley.
4. I love being in nature
5. I have gone paragliding in Lebanon
6. I slid down a volcano in Nicaragua
7. I swam with and touched sharks in Belize
8. I went tandem bicycling through a jungle in Bali
9. I love numbers and math, and do math problems in my head to relax
Two women and a man stand in front of a sign that reads “ETI” All three are smiling brightly. The woman in the middle holds a bright bouquet of flowers, The vibrant flowers illustrate the affection and pride that Sara’s family has for her.
10. I love horses
11. I love swinging
12. I love being near the water
13. I love mountains
14. I love my work, and am a workaholic
15. I love reading, some of my favorite books are: All the Light We Cannot See, Man's Search For Meaning
16. I'm very close to my family
17. I love meeting new people
A woman looks out over a rocky valley. She wears a colorful blue jacket with pink and blur flowers.
18. I love hugs!
19. I love coffee
20. I'm an introvert
21. I grew up on the South Shore of MA
22. I have been to 33 countries
23. I love amusement parks
24. I have a passion for learning geography
25. I have no spleen
26. I listen to my phone voiceover at the highest speed
27. I had many nicknames growing up: Susu, Sarsura, Sasa, Sasu, Fasfous
28. I meet a lot of people when I accidentally hit them with my cane
29. I believe that everyone has something beautiful to offer and contribute in the world
30. I never planned to start a nonprofit, but it has given me so much purpose in my life. I have made so many connections that have taught me infinite lessons. I have had new experiences and opportunities to explore the world; all of which exposed me to new communities and cultures.
Make Sara’s birthday wish come true and donate to ETI today!
A group of men and women stand facing the camera smiling. The group hold balloons that spell “ETI”