Life Skill Coordinator (Lebanon)
Deadline: 30 September, 2017
Brief Description: Empowerment Through Integration (ETI) is a 501(c)3 certified non-profit that is changing the narrative surrounding disability both for blind and sighted youth. We create integrated, supportive spaces with life skills training, emotional support, and community service opportunities. Through these integrated spaces, they are able to break down internal and external barriers surrounding views on ability in order to create positive change in society. Our ultimate goal is to enable society to understand that inclusion of all is a value for all.
ETI is currently seeking a candidate for the position of Life Skills Program Coordinator who will be responsible for implementing our Life Skills Extension Program in the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 in Lebanon. Life Skills Program Coordinators will be required to conduct site visits at our visually impaired participants’ homes in different locations in Lebanon and conduct Life Skills training sessions with these participants according to their needs. These individuals will need to be organized, committed, and able to balance site visits at different locations on a weekly basis.
• Attend 2-hour weekly Life Skills training session associated with Orientation and Mobility, Activities of Daily Living and Social literacy for implementing ETI’s Life Skills Extension Program
• Conduct weekly Life Skills training sessions with visually impaired youth at their homes as assigned by Life Skills Program manager
• Create and maintain each participant’s case file and report on a weekly basis to Life Skills Program manager
• Conduct initial needs assessment on site with each participant and assist with the tailoring of each training session according to participant’s needs and skills
• Collaborate with Life Skills Program manager with localizing and tailoring the curriculum according to each participant’s individual skills
• Collect feedback associated with the implementation of Life Skills Extension Program in Lebanon
• Assist ETI Research & Evaluation team for the evaluation of Life Skills Programs as needed
• Participate on ETI's Life Skills Program team meetings on a biweekly basis or as recommended by Life Skills manager
• Check email account in a daily basis and respond to ETI Life Skills Program manager’s and ETI staff’s emails in a timely manner
• Attend meetings on behalf of ETI with partnering organizations, as needed.
The Life Skills Program Coordinator will need to be comfortable working as part of a team, be available to visit visually impaired participants at their homes to support our Life Skills Extension program during the Fall of 2017 and Spring of 2018. Hours required per week: 20.
Undergraduate, graduate students and/or professionals in the fields of social work, speech therapy, physiotherapy, psychology, special education and/or related fields, are strongly preferred.
Language Skills: Arabic + English
Monthly salary = $600.00
Transportation and phone calls = $200.00
Interested candidates should contact ETI’s Life Skills Managers:
Line Zaylaa (Life Skills manager - Beirut), via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone +961 71 939 922