“In the Dark Experiences” Business Planning Intern
Empowerment Through Integration (ETI) is a 501(c)3 certified non-profit that is working to promote the development of an inclusive society by transforming the social stigma against disability across the globe. We create integrated, supportive spaces with life skills training, emotional support, and community service opportunities. Through these integrated spaces, they are able to break down internal and external barriers surrounding views on ability in order to create positive change in society. Our ultimate goal is to enable society to understand that inclusion of all is a value for all.
ETI is currently seeking an MBA Graduate Student to assist in the business plan development for one of ETI’s newest programs, “In in the Dark Experiences”. The “In the Dark” programs are facilitated, blindfolded experience in which participants reflect on the preconceived notions and -isms (e.g. racism, sexism, ableism) which affect our daily lives and interactions. These experiences are conduced by ETI as an income generating program which will help our organization to become financially sustainable.
- Develop a program business model to support sustainable income generation to be presented to ETI Leadership and Board Members
- Conduct comprehensive analysis of the “In the Dark” department
- Identify existing and potential challenges, as well as opportunities for growth
- Conduct market research and develop pricing model which will allow ETI to standardize pricing within various sectors
- Collaborate with ETI Leadership, Staff Members
- Attend weekly meetings with ETI COO and CEO
- Attend organization-wide biweekly team calls
The MBA intern will commit to a 10 week internship with ETI, beginning no later than June 1st and concluding in August. Work can be conducted virtually or out of ETI’s office in Harvard Square. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to complete work tasks throughout the course of the internship. Ideally, this individual will be able to commit to a full-time work schedule during the internship. Interests in business, non-profit start-ups, and diversity & inclusion are strongly preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter. Please submit materials to email@example.com.