ETI Vision Beyond Sight Internship Position Description
Empowerment Through Integration (ETI) is a 501(c)3 certified non-profit that propels disadvantaged blind youths to explore and achieve their career goals. ETI began in 2009 as a one-month summer camp for 39 sighted children and visually impaired children in Tripoli, Lebanon. Eventually, we hope to offer these programs in many nations and further our commitment to improve society by changing one life at a time.
ETI is currently looking for 2 enthusiastic and innovative undergraduate students who will be part of a startup idea and help develop new programs for the organization. Interns will gain experience in nonprofit funding, relationship-building with business leaders, and event planning.
Public Relations, Marketing and Outreach
• Assist with planning and implementing programs and events
• Assist with updating potential client information and referral database
• Assist with drafting and implementing marketing and promotion plans for the programs and events
Grants and Fundraising
• Research and maintain a database of donor prospects and granting organizations
• Conduct in-depth research on funding possibilities for programs and initiatives
• Assist with development of program specific grant proposals
The VBS Intern will need to be comfortable working as a part of a team. Technical skills in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel) is required. The ideal candidate will have good organizational skills, is reliable, has a positive attitude, and will be committed to our mission.
Ideally this individual will be able to contribute 3-4 hours per week to this position. Interests in curriculum development and International education are strongly preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a short description on why you think you should be considered for this position. Please submit materials to Lauren Johnson, Operations Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.